Sallie Mae Internal Auditor I in Newark, Delaware
Internal Auditor I
Req ID R01588
Sallie Mae is proud to help Americans aspiring to create the life they want--whether that means helping them make college happen, or something more. Our colleagues across departments and across the country are united in our passion and our customer-first approach. Whether you want to join a growing company, be part of an agile workforce, or gain new skills--you're in the right place.
Over the last 40 years, Sallie Mae has helped more than 34 million Americans pay for college. The same passion we have for helping customers is applied to helping our employees achieve professional and personal growth. With a wide range of opportunities available, we invite you to join our growing team and help students make their dreams of higher education a reality.
Sallie Mae Bank's Internal Audit department works to promote an effective control environment through risk-based audits, internal control testing, pre and post implementation reviews, special projects, and risk control education.
With the support of the Internal Audit Senior and/or Internal Audit Manager, the Internal Auditor I will (1) assist in the planning, scoping, and execution of operational, financial, regulatory, and technology audits; (2) Ensure all assigned test work is properly performed and adequately documented in accordance with Internal Audit's policies and procedures and IIA standards; (3) Understand, track, assess and follow-up on deficiencies/exceptions noted during testing; and (4) With the support of the Internal Audit Senior and/or Audit Manager, perform special projects, critical process reviews, administrative activities, and special investigations as necessary.
With the support of the Internal Audit Senior and/or Internal Audit Manager, the Internal Auditor I will assist in the planning, scoping, and execution of operational, financial, regulatory, and technology audits - 90%
With the direction of Internal Audit Senior and/or Manager, assist in the execution of special projects, administrative activities, and special investigations as assigned - 10%
- Complete assigned testing using appropriate sampling and data analysis techniques (utilizing IA's audit methodology)
- Review business unit controls and evaluate management's self-assessment testing. Perform control test work as needed.
- Complete detailed workpapers that are well organized, cross-referenced, well-supported, and thoroughly self-reviewed.
- Assess and communicate progress, findings, and results of assigned test work to Internal Audit Senior and/or Manager.
- Understand and follow Sallie Mae's Internal Audit policies and procedures and IIA standards.
- Accurately record and track time spent on audit and administrative activities.
- Build relationships with peers and business partners to obtain a strong business understanding (i.e. working knowledge of business process within areas audited)
- Seek additional work and assist other team members as needed, to achieve department goals and objectives.
Additional Position Responsibilities:
- Carry out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines. Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Remain current in profession and industry trends.
- Make a positive contribution as demonstrated by:
- Making suggestions for improvement
- Continuous personal growth.
- Work effectively in teams.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 0-2 years of accounting, auditing or relevant job experience
- Experience working in risk management and/or Sarbanes-Oxley compliance function
- Experience in financial services industry or student loan industry
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with accounting and/or auditing
- Familiarity with analytics tools tools such as MS Excel, ACL, etc.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task, and effective organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid analytical aptitude and research skills
- Ability and willingness to travel out of town on a periodic, as needed, basis (approximately 30% of time)
Working towards CPA, CIA, CISA, or similar certifications preferred
EEO Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. SLM Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America. Sallie Mae is a drug free workplace.
Location Newark, DE
Date Posted Mar 13, 2018