Wohlsen Construction Company Virtual Design & Construction (VDC) Specialist in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Wohlsen Construction, a top 400 ENR firm with over 125 years in the construction business has an immediate need for a Virtual Design & Construction (VDC) Specialist working in our IT Dept.
Reporting to the Director of Technology, a successful VDC Specialist will engage with Wohlsen project teams to help support the implementation of VDC and other technologies to increase efficiency and adoption. This position will also work in conjunction with our Operations teammates to identify opportunities for improvement and innovation to continue propelling Wohlsen into the future of VDC technologies.
Work with a premier growing commercial construction firm with a stellar reputation in its industry! Our growth has been tremendous as we continue to expand throughout the Mid Atlantic region. Great career growth potential, along with the opportunity to pursue multiple career paths in any one of our regional locations.
Essential Job Functions:
• Lead VDC application services, support and management
• Lead VDC consulting, education and training activities
• Provide Scheduling Services and Support to Wohlsen project teams
• Provide support to Marketing & Business Development during pursuits
• Participate in VDC research and development
• Support 3D coordination and BIM activities
• Assist IT Support Technicians for escalated VDC support issues.
• Serve on cross-functional teams and committees that influence VDC and training.
• Document and create VDC process and workflow diagrams, knowledgebase articles, how-to videos and support tickets.
• Attend and participate in industry events promoting VDC technologies.
• Maintain and share knowledge of emerging VDC technologies.
• Partner with IT Team to ensure that Wohlsen teammates are equipped with the proper hardware and software to perform their responsibilities effectively.
In addition to the functions listed above, the employee is expected to: strive to exhibit and apply Wohlsen’s Attributes, exercise honesty, integrity and respect with all clients and co-workers, maintain a professional appearance and demeanor, demonstrate a positive attitude, communicate effectively with co-workers and clients, work with accuracy, efficiency, and attention to detail, maintain good attendance by working when and where directed, work safely in compliance with all safety policies, respect the work environment and keep it as neat and clean as possible, and exercise initiative to learn new skills and tasks and to help co-workers when possible. The employee is also expected to perform such other duties and functions as required from time to time.
• Architectural, Engineering, Construction, or Computer Science Bachelor’s degree or higher.
• Possess a general knowledge and competency of computer hardware and software.
• Has an understanding or interest of the overall construction process.
• Familiarity with project scheduling software & LEAN Pull Planning.
• Excellent interpersonal skills for interaction with Wohlsen teammates.
• Demonstrated project management, problem solving and change management skills/experience.
• Will possess the ability to deliver presentations and training in small and large group settings.
• Must be flexible and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Must have transportation to support remote offices and job sites
External Company Name: Wohlsen Construction Company
External Company URL: http://www.wohlsenconstruction.com/