U.S. Army Acquisition Support Center Logistics Management Specialist in Aberdeen, Maryland
THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION TO BE FILLED BY A TEMPORARY PROMOTION OR TEMPORARY REASSIGNMENT.
About the Position:
This Logistics Management Specialist, NH-0346-04 is located in the Program Executive Office, Intelligence, Electronic Warfare and Sensors (PEO IEW&S;) at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.
PEO IEW&S;, headquartered at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD with offices at Ft. Belvoir, VA; Ft. Meade, MD; and Huntsville, AL develops network-centric IEW&S; systems for the digitized Army and fields Joint IEW&S; systems to provide Soldiers the most superior capabilities to completely and immediately understand their environment across the full spectrum of operations. PEO IEW&S; is in a human resources demonstration project, offers competitive salaries, pay banding, and pay for contribution. Benefits program include alternate work schedule with flexible hours, pre-tax flexible spending accounts for certain health and dependent care expenses, health insurance, vacation time and sick leave, life insurance, and a three-tiered retirement plan.
PEO IEW&S; provides critical capabilities for Soldiers by providing high quality solutions to meet time sensitive requirements or more deliberate support as needed by our wide range of customers. PEO IEW&S; has seven subordinate Colonel level commands: Project Manager (PM) Aircraft Survivability Equipment (ASE), PM Sensors-Aerial Intelligence (SAI), PM Terrestrial Sensors (TS), PM DoD Biometrics, PM Electronic Warfare & Cyber (EW&C;), PM Positioning, Navigation & Timing (PNT) and PM Distributed Common Ground System - Army (DCGS-A).
The PEO works closely with the TRADOC Centers of Excellence from Intelligence, Cyber, Mission Command, Maneuver, Maneuver Support, Aviation and Fires. Due to the extremely diversified portfolio, the PEO supports a wide range of organizations throughout the Army, as well as Joint and coalition partners. The PEO IEW&S; portfolio is unique in that it has multiple portfolios under one umbrella to include Space, Force Protection, ISR, Cyber, Electronic Warfare, Mission Command, Aviation and Fires.
Learn more about this agency
- Provide overall direction and guidance for the development and implementation of a comprehensive product support strategy for assigned acquisition program throughout the system life cycle.
- Establish goals, objectives, programs, and general guidance for operations and plan, direct, and control the allocation and utilization of all authorized resources.
- Oversee cost estimating, planning, programming, budgeting, program integration, interoperability, product support integrators, and product support providers and oversight of the production support function.
- Develop the product support strategy and life cycle sustainment plan for assigned projects in accordance with Army acquisition policies and procedures.
Occasional travel - 10% business travel
- #### Job family (Series)
0346 Logistics Management
- Logistics Managers
- Logistics Specialists
- Managers, Logistics
Conditions of Employment
- See "Additional Information" below
Who May Apply:Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as performing duties that include: 1) Working extensively in the area of life cycle logistics to include development, acquisition, testing, product improvements, fielding, sustainment and property accountability; 2) Providing input to and oversight of the areas of cost estimating, planning, programming, budgeting, program integration, interoperability, and oversight; and 3) Serving as a logistics manager for a Counter (Radio-Controlled Improvised Explosive Device) Electronic Warfare (CREW) hardware intensive programs/systems such as Duke, Baldr, Multi-Function Electronic Warfare, CREW Vehicle Receiver/Jammer, or Ground/Air Task Oriented Radar. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (NH-03/GS-13).
This Logistics Management Specialist, Product Support Manager (PSM) position requires the following criteria listed below:
This is a Critical Acquisition Position (CAP).
Major duties are those of a Product Support Manager for Life Cycle Logistics for Specialized Major Weapons Systems.
This PSM position requires additional criteria which includes having 8 years of Acquisition Life cycle Logistics experience and at least 4 of the 8 years MUST have been in a position that supported an ACAT I OR ACAT II Program.
This PSM position requires the incumbent possess 2 years of supervisory or team leading experience with the Acquisition Life Cycle Logistics Program.
This PSM position requires a Bachelor's degree. You MUST submit your transcripts with your application. The FY10 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) that Congress passed and President Obama signed into law (Section 805 of Public Law 111-84, Life Cycle Management and Product Support) October 2009, provides the requirements for Product Support Manager positions. Approved guidance by the Department of Defense of the United States of America, Assistant Secretary of Defense, Logistics and Materiel Readiness. Legislation provisions required: The Secretary of Defense issues comprehensive guidance on life cycle management and development/implementation of product support strategies for major weapons systems; Each major weapon system be supported by a product support manager (PSM); AND Each PSM position be performed by a properly qualified Military Service member or fulltime employee of the Department of Defense; the incumbent shall provide maximize value to the Department of Defense by providing the best possible product support outcomes at the lowest operation and support costs. Public Law 111-84, Section 805, Product Support Manager Responsibilities: PSM References and Resources: https://acc.dau.mil/psm
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Acquisition Strategy
- Manages and Organizes Information
- Oral Communication
- Planning and Evaluating
- Written Communication
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
However, there is an education requirement for membership in the Acquisition Corps which includes:
Baccalaureate degree from an accredited educational institution (you must submit your transcripts)
Possess significant potential for advancement to levels of greater responsibility and authority
At least 24 semester credit hours of study at an accredited institution of higher education from among the following disciplines: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management
At least 24 semester credit hours of study at an accredited institution in the individual's AT&L; Career Field and either 12 semester credit hours from among the above-listed disciplines or training in these disciplines equivalent to the 12 semester credit hours. (Training courses that carry an American Council of Education (ACE) credit recommendation may be used for equivalency.)
ACE credit recommendations may only be used to meet the 24 semester hour standard for Acquisition Corps membership if those credit recommendations have been accepted by and appear on an official transcript from an accredited institution of higher education. DAWIA provides the option to substitute equivalent training for the 12 semester credit hours applied to the 24 hours in the individual's AT&L; Career Field and 12 hours in the covered disciplines. This does not apply to the option for 24 semester credit hours in the covered disciplines.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- You will be required to undergo a background investigation leading to the successful adjudication of eligibility for Top Secret security clearance. Derogatory information developed during the background investigation, such as a criminal history or an adverse credit history, could render the selectee ineligible for both the security clearance and continued employment in the position, if already appointed.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position subject to applicant testing and random drug testing. Tentatively selected applicants will be required to sign DA Form 5019 requiring participation in random drug testing.
- This is an Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce position. Selectees must meet position requirements for certification at Level III in Acquisition Career Field Life Cycle Logistics within 24 months of entrance on duty.
- This is a Critical Acquisition Position. Unless specifically waived by the appropriate Army official, (i.e., the Director of Acquisition Career Management, the Army Acquisition Executive, or the Secretary of the Army) or if the employee is Grandfathered under 10 U.S.C. 1736 (c) (1), the following are statutorily mandated requirements (Reference: 10 U.S.C. 1732 and 1737): - Selectee must be an Acquisition Corps (AC) member at the time of permanent selection for the position or have been granted a waiver. - Selectee must execute, as a condition of appointment, a written agreement to remain in Federal service in the position of at least three years. In signing such agreement, the employee does not forfeit any employment rights, nor does such an agreement alter any other terms or conditions of employment.
- Incumbent is required to submit a Financial Disclosure Statement, OGE-450, (5CFR Part 2634, Subpart I USOGE, 6/08) Executive Branch Personnel Confidential Financial Disclosure Report upon entering the position and annually, in accordance with DoD Directive 5500-7-R, Joint Ethics Regulation, dated 23 March 2006.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 17 position
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; (2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 90 or above; and, (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
- Position may be filled as a temporary promotion or temporary reassignment not to exceed 1 year by a current permanent Army employee. Temporary promotions or reassignments may be extended up to a maximum of five years, and may be made permanent without further competition.
- PCS expenses will NOT be paid.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
The documents you are required to submit vary based on the authority you are using to apply (i.e., applying as a veteran, applying as a current permanent Federal employee, applying as a reinstatement, etc). Please review the following links to see which documents you need to provide to prove your eligibility to apply: Applicant Merit Checklist and Proof of Eligibility.
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply.** If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
- Your resume:**
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application will be marked as incomplete and you will not receive consideration for this position.
- For additional information see: What to include in your resume. 2. Other supporting documents:
- Cover Letter, optional
- Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable
- Proof of Eligibility to Apply:Your application must include the documents which prove you are eligible to apply for the vacancy. The Proof of Eligibility document describes authorities commonly used in merit promotion recruitment and what document(s) are required to prove you meet the requirements of the authority. You must meet the requirements of at least one of the authorities listed in the Who May Apply section above to receive further consideration.
- This position requires a job-related license or certification. You MUST submit a copy of your license or certification with your application package or you will be rated ineligible. See: Transcripts and Licenses NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person's personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
Review our benefits
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section above.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 03/19/2018 to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Applyto access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application (https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10152579).
- Follow the prompts to select your résumé and/or other supporting documentsto be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
- You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
- It is your responsibility to verify that your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) is complete, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
- Additional information on how to complete the online application process and submit your online application may be found on the USA Staffing Applicant Resource Center. To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
Agency contact information
Army Applicant Help Desk
AG-APF-W6DPAA PEO IEW AND S ABERDEEN DO NOT MAIL Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD US
Learn more about this agency
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493387500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 03/13/2018 to 03/19/2018
Salary: $115,590 to $164,200 per year
Pay scale & grade: NH 4
Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type: Temporary - 1 year